During times of uncertainty, how can you ensure your investments are positioned properly?
It’s midway through the year, and we’ve seen quite a bit of stock market volatility so far. Some of the questions you may be wondering about in regard to your finances include:
- How does China and other trade tariff situations affect my portfolio?
- Will an inverted yield-curve affect me?
- Is my portfolio set up to withstand another recession?
- What is my risk and exposure to current market threats?
- Is my portfolio diverse enough?
- What else should I be worried about for the rest of 2019?
As we reach the halfway point of 2019, it’s a good idea to check your portfolio with your trusted advisor and make sure your that it aligns with your financial goals. Your advisor will help you figure out which strategies will work for your comfort level.
Keep a clear head
Market uncertainty can lead consumers to make emotional, split-second decisions regarding their finances - and that’s what we aim to avoid. We believe that the key to sound financial decision-making is open and direct communication. We invite you to make an appointment with us at your earliest convenience so that we can make better (and better-informed) decisions together when it comes to your investments.
Be proactive and talk it through
At Chatterton and Associates, we’ve found that it’s helpful to review your investments midway through the year. We encourage our clients to make proactive - rather than reactive - choices related to their finances on an ongoing basis, and a mid-year check in is one way to do just that. During these check-ins, we discuss how the market is driven in different directions and how that affects your investments, what global and domestic financial issues you may be concerned about.
What should I talk to my financial advisor about?
During a mid-year check-in, we will:
- Discuss your financial investment goals
- Complete an unbiased and complimentary risk analysis for your current investments
- Review other areas of your financial plan, such as tax opportunities and estate planning
If you or someone you know would benefit from a complimentary 1-hour Proactive Financial Review with Chatterton and Associates, just click here to set up an appointment. We will make sure that your assets are properly positioned, especially during market volatility.
The Team at Chatterton & Associates